The Anchorage Inn aims to be inclusive to all guests.
We want everyone who visits the Anchorage Inn and our website to feel as they are at their home away from home.
We aim to be as accomodating as possible to anyone with hearing, vision or any other disability. We want all guests to visit our property and learn about us through our website at www.anchorageinn.com.
The Anchorage Inn's goal is for our website https://www.anchorageinn.com to be accessible to all including people with disabilities. We want all to have equal access to our website.
Our goal is to comply with the Level AA success criteria of the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0). As this policy does change, we staying our best to adhere to the requirements and guidelines to allow for enjoyment by all. If you have an feedback, issues, questions or complaints please let us know!
You can reach us through:
Call: 207-363-5112 ext 442
Snail Mail: Anchorage Inn, PO Box 1329 York Beach ME 03910
Below details our facilities and room accomodations.
· Handicap parking designated by Main Building, Atrium and Ocean Suites
· Portable handicapped signs if guests have preferred spot.
· Accessible parking
· Service animals welcome
· Elevator to 3 floors in Main Building, Atrium, Ocean Suites
· Elevator access from underground Ocean Suites parking
· Ramp to office building
· Ramp to Ocean Suites front door
· 1st floor Main Building Rooms not accessible- step up to enter
· Public Bathroom by Outdoor pool- wheelchair cannot fit next to toilet
· Public Bathroom Office not accessible in lower level
Indoor Pool/Outdoor Pool/Fitness Room and Hot Tubs
· Office building indoor pool, bathrooms and fitness area not accessible
· Outdoor pool and path accessible
· Outdoor pool bathroom accessible- wheelchair cannot fit next to toilet
· Atrium pool accessible
· Ocean Suites pool accessible
· Pathways to atrium, office building outdoor and ocean suites pools area accessible.
· Indoor office building pool not accessible as it is on a lower level by 8 steps.
Guest Room Accessibility
Our guestrooms are partially accessible.
· Guestroom doorways are 36” wide.
· Accessible route from entrance to guestrooms in atrium, ocean suites and 2nd and 3rd floor of main building
· Accessible rooms have grab bars in tub
· No roll in showers
· Raised toilet seats available on request
· Shower chairs available on request
· Doors with lever handles
· Electrical outlets lowered 48” bathroom vanity, 16” room outlet
· Shower wand, adjustable in accessible rooms
· Deadbolt locks, lowered to 38” in our accessible ocean suite
· 26” between bed and wall in our standard room on one side, completely open on other side.
· 28” between the bed and wall in our accessible suite
· Bed height 30”
· TV with close captioning
· Wheelchair cannot position next to toilet in our standard room.
· Wheelchair can position next to toilet in our accessible ocean suite on the right side.
· Lights and strobes in all guestrooms for fire
The atrium has partially accessible rooms. They all have 1 king bed. They have an oversized bathroom and grab bars by the commode and in the shower. There is not a roll in shower. We can add in a shower chair on request. By clicking the "book now" button you can see pictures of our rooms including our rooms.
The ocean suites has an accessible suite. There is an oversized bathroom with grab bars by the commode. The shower stall has a foldable seat in it and the tub has grab bars as well.
The lobby is accessible by steps or a ramp. If guests cannot access either, we can check them in personally from the parking area. Poolside café is accessible via the lobby entrance and is located off the lobby.
© 2020 - Anchorage Inn – York Beach Maine Lodging and Accommodations, Restaurant and Dining